Welcome to my blog...

Below you will find my reflections with regards to our weekly inquiry experiences. I am currently enrolled in the course 6662S-1, Investigating the Living World at Walden University. Please remember to scroll down to the most recent posts. Posts from previous classes are still present. Please note I will use the course number in my title to better help you identify my posts.

Curiosity Leads to Discovery

Curiosity Leads to Discovery

Sunday, November 21, 2010

6663: Natural Disasters (week 3)


I introduce natural disasters to my students by providing a name of a disaster to each group of students along with a few prompts they need to research and create a power point presentation for the rest of the class. The presentation includes pictures, graphs, charts to allow visual representations to form meanings. Secondly, students see videos or interactive simulations of the natural disasters. Lastly, the group writes a preparedness plan for their given natural disaster. At home students ask their family members if they remember a natural disaster that has affected them or someone they know and how. After reading or listening to their stories we can involve the community by inviting those family or friends that have experience natural disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment